In the last two weeks I have met on several occasions that people me toward the same question, is the? HTC Tattoo a good device?, is worth about Magic or Hero?, I have not had the chance to try it, but casting an eye to specifications and first impressions of other means, you can try to make something clear.
HTC is the company with more Android terminals on the market, they premiered the business, and they have been improving the line of phones in each new presentation, until we reached a HTC Tattoo, It represents the first attempt at the mark in producing a relatively affordable Android phone.
We are going to try to compare it with the latter, and to my best Android in our market, the HTC Hero, in this way we can also review some phones and know them better. We started with the positive aspects that I found on the HTC tattoo:
- As you would expect, its starting in the market price is less than the of the HTC Hero, very important issue for those who don’t want to spend more than one quantity in this type of pots.
- Tattoo comes from the factory with Android 1.6 (Donut) while the Hero has version 1.5 until you decide to remove the upgrade to 2.0.
- Both terminals have interface HTC Sense, with a screen with 7 pages.
- Another detail that many will like is that features FM radio, None of the previous Android terminals have this characteristics.
- The screen is smaller, which affects a smaller terminal, possibly the smallest Android market, one aspect that many will like to know.
- Interesting to know that it has not lost nor the GPS receiver, neither the accelerometer and compass.
- Their shells are interchangeable and it has the ability to customize designs.
Logically when it comes cheaply Terminal, somewhere they have trimmed to achieve this, we are going with this:
- The touch screen is resistive and smaller of the Hero, the resolution is QVGA (240 × 320 pixels), by which the developers will have to fight with it to get the same information as in other sizes.
- It has lost other HTC trackball, replaced by a four-way directional pad, to my I like less, and takes up more space in the terminal.
- The camera has the same megapixels than the HTC Magic, 3.2, bottom of the hero (5MP), but apparently seen, in practice there is such a difference, the problem is that that of the Tattoo does not have auto-focus. Any account with Flash.
I said details of the screen above for I believe a subject to be treated aside, since the fact that of the Tattoo is resistive conditions the use of mobile in any way, characteristics You can not give as the capacitive multi-touch support other HTC Android terminals.
In addition with the resistive screen you have to put pressure on it so it will respond, and so I’ve had the opportunity to read, Sometimes the use of a stylus or pointer is necessary (not included) for better use. Can a reading of an article I did on your screen.
Another aspect discussed is the size of the screen, 2.8 inches and QVGA resolution, by which applications must be adapted to it, we’ll see what happens with the old, in addition to the logical loss of amount of information on screen.
I think with this data, and hoping to lend a hand to test it, we can have a more complete idea of the differences between these terminals, waiting for having helped people who had doubts about.