Update: The * Nexus 4 * just started to update via OTA officially Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). The update will reach all progressively during the next few days, but if you don’t want to expect its manual update is available.
If your Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 or 10 Nexus has not yet received Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) and you don’t want to wait any longer to enjoy the improvements and innovations that carries this version you can manually update your Nexus device, unless it is a Nexus 4, which has not yet received is update.
Manual update to Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) is available both for the Nexus 7 WiFi and the version with 3G, for the two models of Galaxy Nexus (American and international version), the Nexus-10 and Nexus 4.
How to upgrade manually
- Nexus 4: update to Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) from Android 4.2.1 (JOP40D)
- Nexus 7: update to Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) from Android 4.2.1 (JOP40D)
- Nexus 3 G 7: update to Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) from Android 4.2.1 (JOP40D)
- Galaxy Nexus (yakju) (international version, Vodafone): update to Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) from Android 4.2.1 (JOP40D)
- Galaxy Nexus (takju) (US version): update to Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) from Android 4.2.1 (JOP40D)
- 10 nexus: update Android 4.2 (JDQ39) from Android 4.2.1 (JOP40D)
To manually update we need to have the Android SDK and our Android device drivers installed and follow the steps:
- Download the update file.
- Save the zip file in the folder of Android SDK Platform-tools.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time hold volume up + volume down + Power to enter the bootloader.
- Enter the Recovery mode with the help of keys volume to change option and the Power button to access.
- When it appears an icon with an exclamation point press volume up + Power at the same time.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Write the command adb sideload next to the name of the update from the terminal or command prompt window from your computer. For example, in the case of the Nexus 7: adb sideload 094f6629314a.signed-nakasi-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.094f6629.zip
Once installed the update just have to restart the device.