Visually, the Dog Crest Chinese stands out from the other dogs as its variety most well-known is devoid of at. Not being considered the breed most beautiful in the world, it is, however, a faithful companion and playful who loves to be held. Friendly with almost all that cross with you, will do anything to please.
The Dog Crest Chinese has two varieties, of which the former is the more known and more easy to be found currently. Both can be born in the same litter.
- Hairless – without at, with the exception of the paws, head and tail;
- Powderpuff – with by long and thin all over the body.
The breed has also two varieties of bone:
- Deer – Type bone thin;
- Cobby – Type bones and the constitution more heavy.
THE SPECIFIC CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DOG CREST CHINESE
It is a dog sensitive to that need tutors patients and little ríspidos. Has some tendency to escape and it can be difficult to capture him, due to his stubbornness, another one of the characteristics of the race. Are also good in jumping and climbing, so make sure that your house is well-surrounded.
With little need of physical exercise, will not be the companion races ideal, but you will need mental stimulation, frequent. Gets along with children, other animals and strange people, but keeps you alert.
PHYSICAL DOG CREST CHINESE
Its most striking feature is the absence of by a large part of the body, except the legs, tail and head, where they form a crest, which gives its name to the race. But there are also a variety with hair, more rare. Both feature a long body, but flexible, with the back horizontal.
The head is triangular and flattened, without many wrinkles, and with a snout that thins gradually. The legs are long and thin.
TEMPERAMENT OF THE DOG CREST CHINESE
In general, the Dog Crest Chinese is a dog as well-willing and cheerful, never skittish nor aggressive. Very attached to the owners, it will not be difficult to gain their trust, but must be trained to receive orders from the whole family, or you may develop some shyness.
Adapts well to life in an apartment, although it must not be left alone for a long time, since it can suffer from separation anxiety. The Dog Crested Chinese hairless it is, as a rule, the more lacking the variety Powderpuff, which has a nature more independent.
THE HEALTH PROBLEMS OF THE DOG CREST CHINESE
- Skin problems (blackheads, allergies, heat stroke).
- Dental problems (caries and loss of teeth).
- Atrophy progressive retinal.
- Syndrome of the dry eye.
TAKING CARE OF THE DOG CREST CHINESE
- Are very sensitive to temperature variations. When it is cold and damp, the variety without so you should come out to the street with a coat for dogs. Some people argue that, on the hottest days, it is important to use sunscreen and moisturizer, but inform yourself better about this subject with the veterinary doctor.
BY AND SKIN
- The variety Powderpuff should be brushed weekly and have the muzzle trimmed every two weeks. After the bath, which should be given with some frequency with quality products, it is important to dry the skin very well, thus preventing a dermatitis.
- Brush two to three times per week. From the age of 2/3 years bet more on the food moist to prevent the loss of teeth.
ORIGIN OF THE DOG CREST CHINESE
With a source of difficult you need it, there are reports that the dogs of this breed would have belonged to families of the Han dynasty, one of the most important of the chinese culture. At the time, it was a race larger and stronger, whose function was to save the royal treasury. The varieties most small were used by the sailors that carried the animals into the boats to hunt rats and other pests. In the ports, they were exchanged and it was in this way that the Dog Crest Chinese spread across the world.
At the end of the NINETEENTH century and the beginning of the TWENTIETH century, came to the United States of America already with a similar appearance to the current parameters, making it popular in the exhibitions that were taking place in the country.
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE DOG CREST CHINESE
The level of appearance, the Dog Crest Chinese does not generate unanimity and for many years was the winner of a competition the north american that elects the dog ugliest of the world.
The Dog Crest Chinese appeared in several films and television series popular. Fluffy was the pet of Cruella de Ville 102 Dalmatians; Krull, Kate Hudson Matthew McConaughey in How to Lose a guy in 10 Days; and Halston, the character Amanda in Betty Ugly.